Monday, January 3, 2011

Playing with my food....


My daughter was my inspiration but deep inside I am still a child that likes to play with my food! We moved my daughter to a new preschool and she had to start taking her lunch. I work full time am pregnant now and run around like a chicken with my head cut off but that is my life and I wouldn't have it any other way!! Full of passion and 100% all the time. I was simply terrified of having to pack lunch every day for her. Sooo I started googling and ran into this amazing idea of Bento Boxes!! Kawaii Bento which Kawaii means "cute" in Japanese. Not only is it a way of packing healthy lunches into a tight little cute box, but the food is so darn cute!! Food with faces!!! Soooo I started my journey like any other....very obsessive compulsive and researched all sorts of tools and books and websites to help create these amazing lunches. My daughter loved them immediately! She started spouting out her own ideas and the types of foods she wanted to have in her lunch. This turned a fear into a daughter and mommy time! My first Bento Box Americanized was all hearts to assure she knew on her first day of school I love her and am always thinking of her. I used a cookie cutter to cut the double heart sandwich and a smaller cookie cutter for the fig newtons and cantaloupe. A few grapes and some red and yellow cherry tomatoes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment