Monday, February 21, 2011

Drum Roll Please....













It was a great weekend! Hungry Henry, my fabulous hubby, celebrated his birthday so of course I made a cake! He played drums junior high through college so a Drum Set cake was pretty fitting and long over due! The drums were made a week before out of fondant. I probably should have used rice krispies and wrapped in fondant because the big drum was a little heavy, but how else would I learn! The cake was vanilla with a vanilla buttercream icing. I don't like to put fondant on the whole cake, only as decoration. So I smooth out my buttercream with a Viva paper towel to get it nice and smooth!! Viva las buttercream!!! haha. The music notes, the H on the drum and drum silhouette on front of cake was cut out using my Cricut Cake machine and the cartridge Quarter Note! Soooo fun! Alexa stayed with her Ma and Pa for a few days so no Bento Box lunches for 3 days....my next bake order is not until first weekend in March so I am going to have to find something else to keep me busy!!! Could be trouble...haha

No comments:

Post a Comment