Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Mayo!


In celebration of Cinco de Mayo, which sadly I don't really know what it is, I know it is NOT their independence day. I am a coconut what can I say, (white on the inside, brown on the outside), born and raised in North Texas along with my parents and I am half Mexican half Spanish. BUT, I do know in Mexico they have sombrero's!!!! I think...Hee hee...I know...I am sad, but admitting it at least is a step in the right direction right? So we have Mexican Rice with some hot dog peeps with sombreros made out of baby bel and american cheeses. We also have some cheez-its and strawberries! I just noticed we have had rice three days in a row; white, fried, and now Mexican..haha. Now get out there and celebrate at some Mexican restaurant and have a margarita for me!!!

Okay...I wiki'd:

Cinco de Mayo (Spanish for "fifth of May") is a holiday held on May 5. It is celebrated nationwide in the United States and regionally in Mexico, primarily in the state of Puebla.[2][3][4][5] The date is observed in the United States as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride,[6] and to commemorate the cause of freedom and democracy during the first years of the American Civil War.[7] In the state of Puebla, the date is observed to commemorate theMexican army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza Seguín.[8][9] Cinco de Mayo is not Mexico's Independence Day,[10] the most important national patriotic holiday in Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment