Saturday, September 1, 2012

The BIG one!

Well my friends, this is by far the biggest cake I have done thus far and for a very special friend so the pressure was on!!! Her parents were celebrating their 60th birthdays together and they have one of those dynamic families where they are all beautiful and TALL!!! Geez...just a few more inches...even one inch is all I want so I match what it says on my drivers license! ha! Anyway...sorry...focus. This family has Sunday dinner at her parents house every week (our family does Sunday lunch!) just a great family! Her parents have 3 kids, 1 son-in-law, 2 daughter-in-laws (one is soon to be since her brother is engaged), and SIX grandsons!!! This cake was a special project completely tailored to her amazing parents and their life. Loves in their life like golfing, knitting, fishing, Texas Rangers, traveling and most importantly their family.  In reality this cake does a poor job representing how amazing all these things are but it is a nice gesture that I was able to provide!!! And let's just say it was HEAVY!! Poor hubby had to ride in the back with cake, I don't think I have ever seen so many stressful facial expressions on him in such a short amount of time!! haha! So without further ado...I give you...Kurt and Cindy...

60th Birthday Cake Celebrating K & C's loves in life. 8 layers of cake technically and it was almost 14inches tall. Doesn't sound that tall and massive until you are driving 75 miles on the tollway!! haha!



Red heart says it all. This was the one layer that started to lean a bit...:(
Add caption

For the record the mister does not knit! ha! But they both love the Texas Rangers!

Golfing...Fourrrrrr!!


Traveling...aaahhh

The cake actually make it in one piece to destination!!!
I have had the pleasure to get to know
My friends sister-in-law and call her a friend. She has three amazing boys. Also all beautiful!!!
This is my close friend who put her trust in me to make this cake! Her three boys are so adorable and their personalities are so unique!! Love the middle child...he is the distracted one kicking the ball...away from the family!! haha! He kills me!!
Birthday couple to the left
and their youngest son with his new fiance!! Congratulations!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment